Wednesday, October 20, 2010

PE2_Dreamweaver HTML

In the course of learning more about Dreamweaver I had the opportunity to learn a little more about HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) which is the coding that makes websites work. The way HTML works is is uses a series of markup tags that translate into commands that allow a browser to translate the information into its proper viewing elements. 


In the next part of this lesson I learned how to add content to a website and how to keep the formatting that is taken from a word document. The feature is helpful if I wanted to add APA formatting to a site that I may create for literature reviews and such. This is a feature that is not available in programs like iWeb. 



As you can see in the next graphic after the text is added you can choose split view to view the HTML code on the right of your screen. Once I got down the basic elements of what a markup tag looked like I was better able to understand how I might be able to edit the appearance of how my page and text looked without having to use the edit tools located below my main window. I am more than excited to bring more to you as this develops. I am looking forward to learning how to add pictures and graphics to the design.







No comments:

Post a Comment