Friday, July 1, 2011

Post #2 Response to Angela Dixon

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Is It Really Yours?


By GanjaVandal

When I watched the copyright fair rights video it got me to think about when I was working on my undergraduate degree.  My concentrated area was in Electronic Arts. In my typographic class there was a project that was required to do on photographing different font on building in our environment.  That mean it could be graffiti, ancient font off of church building or modern signs it did not matter where we found it as long as it was interesting.  After retrieving that resource, then we were required to duplicate our images and transfer it into one of the programs that we using to draw.  There was twigging to make it our own style, and then we critique the outcome.  I often wondering was that work of art was true our own or did we just take advantage of the original artist who simply did not know their rights and a dead artist who could not speak up for themselves. Which ever the case may be, I personal did not feel I had the right to claim something that I duplicated from another person work.

No comments:

Post a Comment