Sunday, July 17, 2011

Wk 2 Reading


I believe open mindedness is the key to stepping outside the box we live in. I believe that some of the assumptions I make sometimes tend to discourage me. One very key assumption is I assume everyone understands what I am trying to convey in a message. I run across this at work all the time when trying to get my vision across to big people like the owner and the CEO. I have come to realize that more work on my part is in order. I must invent some visual stimulation for them to behold. I guess I had a duh moment when I realized that all the while I am in school I am learning about multiple intelligence theory and I don’t even think that they need it as bad as our clients do. Wow!

Possibility: I am filled with it! So many things have happened since I sought out education. First this person that I am always thought as a child that I was below average. After starting college I realized that if I apply myself anything could happen. I guess I measured success before by what I couldn’t do and when I change my focus from negative to positive the whole world opened up! On a regular basis I help people recreate their lives and help families reunite after long periods of despair.

My worlds just came together over the last year. For a few years the need to create was stronger than anything else. When the economy got bad I had no idea how this great thing that I had worked so hard for wasn’t putting food on the table. I realized that sitting still was not an option. I swore that I wouldn’t go back to school. When I saw and researched this degree program I felt the world of possibility open up again. Most of my Graphic Design career was spent in education because I had no desire to feed the media with cereal or alcohol commercials. I can now begin to use what I have learned here to educate families in the area of addiction.

This book while it offers great insight, reminds me much of several books I have already read. “The four agreements” by Ruiz, “The Book of Secrets” by Chopra and “The Power of Intention” and “Manifest your Destiny” by Dyer.  

1 comment:

  1. Tania,

    What an inspirational story Tania. I am so glad that you have found your calling and the possibilities of what you are fully capable of. I liked what you said about how you changed your mindset on your success from what you couldn’t do, to what you could do.

    ReplyDelete